October 23, 2007

Voltron

Even though Hyemoon posted by proxy, for my purposes and low standards, everybody in Whatever Club has now officially posted on this blog. I thought I’d commemorate this happy occasion with a post of my own. I know. I know. Thank you. Thank you. (Whatever, please sit back down and you can unroll your eyes now.)

Getting to this point, there have been some hiccups, minor and major. Minor ones consist of no-shows, our busy schedules, the lack of leadership, and the across-the-board nyah-nyah-ing of my ideas. Major ones include our irrational fear of bedbugs and the unanimous closing down of book club after two books.

I have grand hopes that this forum will stick around with our continued participation. Our blog can go in so many directions and I’m excited to see what my next post will be about. I jest.

Like orbits jockeying for position on creation’s first day, we’re still learning our paths, each other’s gravitational boundaries, and this is where this metaphor ends. How about . . . we’re starting to come together like Voltron? Each, with our own unique personalities, joins forces in this forum which allows each part to comment on the other. Hmmm. Not so good, either.

1 comment:

Jean said...

Awesome. Maybe we should now be called Voltron Club.